Tom Callinan and Ann Shapiro
Earth Revival - Songs For Nature Folk
Illustration by Julia McCurdy
Known throughout the Northeast as solo artists (folksingers, storytellers, and multi-instrumentalists), for over twenty years, the husband and wife team of Tom Callinan and Ann Shapiro have toured their entertaining and informative participatory programs for audiences of all ages as a duo since 1982. They co-manage Crackerbarrel Entertainments, providing enrichment programming for audiences as diverse as nursery schools through nursing homes.
Whether appearing as solo artists or as their duo, they blend their extensive repertoire of songs, which spans many centuries, with an impressive array of musical instruments for the wind, string, and percussion families. Their warm and inviting style quickly involves their audiences with catchy choruses and other forms of participation. Theirs is family entertainment for all ages.
Tom and Ann make singing-along, hand clapping and toe-tapping irresistible. Their repertoire spans traditional, contemporary, and original folk songs, including camp songs and play party games for young audiences, and Gay 90's songs and novelty selections for seniors. Callinan and Shapiro have recorded five albums as a duo, and many others as solo artists and in varying combinations with other performers.
Ann Shapiro - lead and harmony vocals; strumstick, guitar, ukulele, electric keyboard, rainstick
Tom Callinan - lead and harmony vocals; acoustic & electric guitars, banjar, pennywhistle, bodhran, clarinet, Omnichord, conga drums, balophone, steel drum, vibro-slap, assorted sound effects
Phil Rosenthal - banjo, mandolin, mandola, guitar, electric bass, and vocal harmonies
Sue DiBona - bassoon and cello on "Habitat", "Clouds", and "The Garden Song"
Walter Wakeman - harmonica on "The Garbage Blues"
Rob Hugh - keyboard (one-man calypso band) on "Polyp Upon Polyp"
Gary Buttery - acoustic bass guitar on "Who's Watching Who"
Humpback Whales - songs on "Who's Watching Who" recorded in the Caribbean by Paul Knapp, Jr. Thanks, Paul!
Co-Produced by Tom Callinan and Ann Shapiro
Front Cover Illustration by Julia McCurdy, Killingworth, CT
Rear Photo by Ken Manwiller, Centereach, NY
"Polyp Upon Polyp" recorded by Rob Hugh at Wolcott Elementary School, West Hartford, CT
Everything else recorded by Phil Rosenthal, American Melody Studio, Guilford, CT.
Mixed, mastered, and CD-master burned at American Melody Studio, Guilford, CT.
Scanning and insert printing by ROYAL PRINTING SERVICE, Guilford, CT
Typesetting and CD duplication by Tom Callinan.
Earth Revival: Songs For Nature Folk
Tom Callinan & Ann Shapiro
1. Save What's Left - T. Callinan - 4:11
2. Who Dunnit? - A. Shapiro - 3:31
3. Let's Clean Up Our Act - A. Shapiro - 3:15
4. The Garden Song - D. Mallett - 4:09
5. Who Will Tend My Garden? - P. Rosenthal - 3:12
6. Don't Treat The Soil Like Dirt - T. Callinan - 3:35
7. This Land Is Your Land - W. Guthrie, with new lyrics by T. Callinan - 2:11
8. Ancient Rainforest - T. Callinan & A. Shapiro - 2:55
9. Pollution - T. Lehrer- 2:04
10. Garbage - B. Steele - 3:08
11. The Garbage Blues - D. Westphall - 2:55
12. Trash On Tour - T. Callinan - 5:35
13. Long Island Sound's Good To Me - T. Callinan - 3:35
14. You Can't Eat The Oysters - Lyrics, Keith Sullivan; Melody, M. Reynolds - 3:17
15. Mother Ocean - T. Callinan - 4:45
16. Who's Watching Who? - T. Callinan & L. Julian - 4:37
17. Polyp Upon Polyp (The Coral Reef Song) - T. Callinan - 3:25
18. Clouds - T. Callinan - 3:15
19. Habitat - B. Oliver - 3:37
Available now (on CD only!)
Send for your copy today by mailing a check for $17 (includes shipping) made out to CRACKERBARREL ENTERTAINMENTS to:
Earth Revival CD
55 East Town Street
Norwich, CT 06360